Monday, November 24, 2008

Cape Meares Lighthouse



It was SOOOOOO beautiful yesterday! It was a rare autumn day- sunny and not too cool- one of those days you just can't enjoy from inside. We packed up the dogs (our own and Steve's dog- we were grandpuppy sitting for the weekend) and headed out. We really didn't care where we went- we just wanted to be outside. When I want to enjoy the outdoors, I generally gravitate toward the coast. We ended up at Cape Meares Lighthouse near Tillamook, Oregon. Gorgeous views in every direction. How lucky I am to live near such a beautiful place! I've spent the last 24 hrs trying to come up with a plan for a lighthouse quilt. I've made several sketches but I'm not in love with any of them. I guess I'll just have to keep playing. Someone asked me if my blog was about quilts or travel or recipes or what? My answer- ALL of it! Mostly, it's about quilts. But my whole life is inspiration for my quilting, so it all goes in here. Tomorrow I'll post a picture of a quilt- I promise.

0 comments: