Saturday, December 6, 2008

December project- another strip


Another strip! Three down, 9 to go! I stitched my fair share of triangles today! Bear in mind that this is just a little snippet of a long strip. I like the rich color combination of black and beige and another color. I have some dark navy, beige and maroon fabrics that I've been trying to decide for years what to do with.

I went to a local event today- a fundraiser to support maintenance of a pioneer cemetery. They had a great pot roast meal and a bazaar. I love the feeling of community spirit at an event like this. There's something special about a community coming together to support something that is important to them. Some of the headstones date back to the 1860's and mark the final resting place of Oregon pioneers. I figure the least I can do is buy a wonderful home made meal to help keep the cemetery a place of beauty and respect. Next year, I might even rent a booth and fill it with quilts and lavender!

0 comments: