Thursday, July 16, 2009

Avacato


I just HAVE to put a quilting post in there among all the lavender postings! I have been kitting Helene Knott's Garden Patch Cats as well as selling the patterns on the website. I saw this today at the wholesale distributor and I just LOVE it in the neutrals. Isn't he a cutie!? Helene's newest cat(s) is/are Pod Cats- 3 little kitty heads in a bean pod. I'll have that on my website in a day or two.

For those of you who haven't seen these yet, the Garden Cats are quilt patterns featuring cats that resemble fruits and vegetables from the garden- Avacato, Boscat, Pumpcat, Walla Walla Kitty, Kitt'ney Bean, Stalker, and Caulipus... and now PodCats. They are ADORABLE! Helene releases a new pattern about once every 6 weeks. I'm making them into kits for wall hangings or pillows. When Helene is finished with the series (and I know how many there will be total), I'll do a block of the month to put them all into a big quilt.

2 comments:

julieQ said...

Your cat block is just darling!

Sue said...

Thanks, Julie. Check out the other Garden Patch Cats on my website.