Friday, July 17, 2009

Friends

I had a nice surprise yesterday. I lost touch with a very special friend who moved away from the area many years ago. Yesterday, I got an email from her. Robyn Dunlap made this quilt for me about 15 years ago. I always liked bunnies and Robyn surprised me with this one year for my birthday. She hand quilted it.
It's really a wall hanging, but I have had it over the back of my desk chair for years. I have it folded so that a bunny shows nicely behind me, and the 3 thicknesses of quilting behind me are like a small pillow on my back.

The internet is a wonderful thing! I know- some people use it for ugly purposes. But for the most part, it's a great thing. One of the many things the internet can do is to help us keep in touch with each other. We make friends on blogs, we find old friends on Facebook, and we learn by searching the internet with a few keystrokes. Wouldn't it be fun if we all sent a message, or called, or searched for an old friend? Why not do it this week- and then tell the rest of us about it by replying to this post.

I think I'll go and send Robyn an email....


2 comments:

Robyn Dunlap said...

Imagine my surprise when the quilt photo came up on my computer screen! Has it really been 15 years? I think that was the second one I ever made. And I enjoyed every stitch because I knew it would be appreciated.

Yes, lately I've been making an effort to reconnect with special people from my past and I highly recommend it. Everyone (so far) has been so happy to hear from me!

It took a devastating loss for me to learn how important those connections are. Sometimes it takes being hit over the head with a sledgehammer to get my full attention.

And thank you, Sue, for being a true friend, through all these years. [mush]I love you![/mush]

Jocelyn said...

What a very sweet quilt! And how wonderful that you were able to reconnect with your friend.