Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Patriotic Table Runner

I designed this table runner a few years back.  I designed the block with my EQ software and just made it into a large table runner.  The block reminded me of one of the signs or a postage stamp or something associated with the bicentennial in 1976.  I lived in Philadelphia at the time and I can't remember what it was, but something was similar to this.


This is hanging, along with a number of other patriotic quilts, in the library in North Plains, Oregon right now.  Our guild has created the exhibit called. "Birth of a Nation".  The quilts will be on display until the end of July.


Last month, I was at a "getaway" with a few friends who are also in the guild.  We all spent 4 days quilting.  What fun!  One evening, I was staring at this trying to decide how to quilt it and my friend, Julie, had lots of "suggestions".  I looked at her and smiled, and she said, "Would you like me to quilt it for you?"  I smiled back and said, "Would you like me to finish hand appliqueing that block your working on?"  So we traded our projects and finished them for each other.


If you're anywhere near the west side if Portland, Oregon, drive out to North Plains and stop in to the library.  It's a nice display.

4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It looks wonderful. I love the fresh look that it has.

Jocelyn said...

Very pretty. And what a great way to trade and finish projects.

Mom said...

Where can I get this pattern? It is so cute!

Unknown said...

I want to buy one. Are they for sale? You don't say how long it is.